Stocking Hanging solutions from the Dollar Store.

Back in the old days, they put a nail in the mantle to hold stockings. I don't do that, it's too destructive. Now we use these heavy, decorative stocking holders that sit on your mantle with a little hook for your stockings. The problem? They are a bit expensive.  A set of four is like $25!


The stocking hangers I have are from approximately 2006.  I purchased three of them, one for each of us, the kids and I.  From the Dollar Tree.  For $1 each. Quite a steal!


Then Matt and I moved in together, and now we had four stockings. And also one of our three hangers broke. I needed another option, but couldn't find any more Dollar Tree finds. And I wasn't about to put nails in my mantle. So I scotch-taped them. Which worked sort of, but they fell often, and once there was stuff in them, they were on the ground.

Once gain, Pinterest came to the rescue. This was my inspiration:
source
I found a $.57 wooden dowel rod at Walmart, painted it white, and strung all our stockings on it, including the ones for our pets. I propped it up using the two stocking hangers I had left.  Super inexpensive solution for our stocking-hanger-shortage situation!

I also put together these decorative jars, by filling them with extra ornaments and adding some bows (also from the Dollar Tree) to the front.
Yay for cheap Christmas decorations! 



Comments

  1. What a great idea! I've never seen the rod idea, but it definitely works well to hold the stockings up. Your mantle looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a clever idea! I'm thinking this may have to happen at our house next year. So clever.

    Thanks for linking up to Dare to DIY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Genius! And for less than a dollar!? Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the compliment on my ornament wreath! I really like your rod idea! So neat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How smart! It looks great too. Thanks for joining the Dare to DIY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES!! I have been racking my brain for a simple, easy solution for our stocking this year. We have four hung with the mantle clips but we had a wonderful addition to our family this year when baby girl arrived in June and with stocking hangers being $20 plus dollars and making one with nails, paint, etc seems like too much work, this is a brilliant alternative!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes! perfect! I'm going to check the thrift store! thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts