Before and After: Front Door

It's spring and I'm in house project mode! 

Recently I decided to upgrade the curb appeal! Matt and I did some landscaping work, and with the bright, cheery flowers out front, our dark red door was looking drab. 

Our house has red brick and gray/beige siding, so I searched Pinterest for good front door colors but just didn't love anything. Then, while organizing the garage, I came across some extra paint from our blue bedroom walls. I decided to use it on the front door too. 

I started by taping the handle and lock with painters tape because I did not feell like taking the hardware off. #lazy

I put two coats of the blue on the door, and then pulled the old brass kickplate out of the garage. 

I used Oil Rubbed Bronze spray paint to paint the kick plate, and then popped the screws into a box so I could paint the tops of them to match. 

Then, I screwed the kick plate back on, hung a yarn wreath I made last year, and voila: basically zero dollars and a little bit of work for a fresh front door! 


Here's the before and after, using low-quality iPhone pics and bad angles: 

So much cheerier! Have you done any home projects lately? 


Comments

Popular Posts