2017

It's currently May 6, 2020. A bit delayed on the 2017 year in review. But recently, due to the coronavirus pandemic, and an abundance of free time, I wanted to start writing again. I began in a google doc, until today I had the sudden realization that I had a blog! The custom domain had long expired, and it's been years since I posted. But, I loved it back when I wrote regularly. And today, looking through old posts, realized that it is SUCH A GIFT that I documented parts of my life here!

In going through some boxes of keepsakes, I discovered some old calendars I saved. So I plan to use those to help me jog my memory of what transpired back in 2017. :)

In 2017, we lived in Noblesville on Roudebush Blvd. I spent time painting rooms and organizing the giant pantry. I still worked for WGU, and traveled a lot for work.
Ethan was in high school, Matt worked at ONB. Emma was converting to Judaism.

In March, I took a weekend trip with my girlfriends to French Lick for Dana's birthday. I came down with a cold that morning, which got much worse over the course of the day, and due to my lack of breathing ability, I snored all night long, keeping my 3 roommates awake all night.

Late in March, Matt, Ethan and I traveled to Charleston, SC to meet up with Marta and Brianna for a weekend getaway. We explored the beach, took a carriage ride, explored the beautiful homes and neighborhoods on foot, and had drinks outside in Charleston and enjoyed the gorgeous weather.

In April, Matt and I attended the Smiley Adult Prom with our friends and got all dressed up and danced all night. Ethan went to his prom too.

In May, we adopted baby Gigi! She was the cutest little puppy, and I loved her so much. She's my best friend. We took her with us for her first road trip down to Alabama to visit Marta later that month. Also this month, Emma turned 20!

In June, I took Emma, Ethan, and Emma's boyfriend at the time, Matthew, to New York City for the week. I used credit card points to cover our hotel costs, and got flights for $59 each way on Southwest. It was such a great deal. Because Emma and Matthew were still working on their conversion to orthodox Judaism, we tried to eat at only Kosher restaurants. We walked miles and miles each day, seeing all the sights. It was a really fun time. I loved New York!

In August, I booked a quick two day trip for Emma and I to Clearwater, FL. I wanted to get her out of her every day environment to really connect with her one on one, because she was planning to move to Israel in a few weeks. She'd gone through the entire process to be accepted into a school there and planned to move. I just felt deeply that it wasn't the right move for her, but I also wanted to let her choose her own path. So, in addition to quality time, I hoped that time away from other influences would give her space to reflect on her decision. We had a lot of fun, and a few weeks after we returned, she changed her mind about moving away.

Later in August, Matt and I left for our first trip together to Europe! We went to London and Paris and it was magical. I posted other blog posts about that trip - but it couldn't have been more perfect.

In September, Matt was honored as one of the Top 20 Under 40 in Muncie! He received an award and was recognized in a cool ceremony.

In December, we celebrated Ethan's acceptance into Ball State with a fancy dinner out with the whole family. We celebrated Christmas at our house with the kids, Marta, and Brianna.

It was a great year!







Comments

Popular Posts