2016

2016 has a reputation for being the worst, according to the internet. Trump was actually elected and the beginning of the apocalypse began. There were some sad events around the world. Lots of celebrities died, which has tons of folks saying that it's the worst year ever.  (Except people die every year all the time and it's always sad - I personally don't understand why people think it's worse this year...) 

But for me, 2016 was one of the best years ever. I traveled (on personal trips vs. work trips) more than ever before in my life. We bought a new home. I got my first ever "cool" car (a 2008 Infiniti). My kids continue to be healthy and happy and my marriage is great. I have a great job with great benefits. Sure, there have been some losses and sad moments, but I find it best to stay focused on, and grateful for, the good stuff.

Below are some highlights of 2016:

February - Disney Princess Half Marathon in WDW with Nikki!


Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling

 March - family trip to Tennessee
Image may contain: 4 people, people smiling

April - trip to Disneyland with all my work friends!
Image may contain: 4 people, people smiling, indoor

May - Mini Marathon - my first Indy Mini, and the first half for Edie and Erin
Image may contain: 4 people, people smiling, outdoor

June - Our first Vegas trip! Matt and I had an incredible view from the Bellagio
Image may contain: outdoor

 July - Ethan survived a terrifying collision with a semi and walked away without a single scratch. So grateful!
Image may contain: car

August - had a best friends photo shoot at the Indiana State Fair!
Image may contain: 7 people, people smiling, people standing, shoes and outdoor
September - decided on a whim to sell our house and buy a new one!
Image may contain: text

Also, Matt and I went to Nashville, TN and had a wonderful time.
Image may contain: 2 people, indoor

The very last day of September, we got possession of our new home:
Image may contain: house and outdoor

October - my little brother got married! Matt was the officiant, Emma was the DJ, and I was a bridesmaid.
 Image may contain: 6 people, people smiling, people standing, wedding and outdoor

November - my first trip to Mexico! Cancun was beautiful.
Image may contain: sky, pool, tree, cloud, outdoor and nature

December - Matt and I spent a weekend in Richmond, VA for his sister's graduation, and spent some time in DC
Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, sunglasses, sky and outdoor

And the next weekend, we spent 4 days in Denver and saw a Broncos game!
Image may contain: one or more people, stadium, football, crowd and outdoor

 It has been truly one of the best years of my entire life, and I'm so grateful for the wonderful people in my life, for my healthy family, for rewarding work and a happy marriage.  I'm thankful for the opportunity to travel and experience new things. If only 2017 can be half this good, I'll be a lucky woman. :)
Image may contain: 4 people, people smiling, people sitting, tree, shoes, child, plant, outdoor and nature

Comments

  1. Wow, what a year it's been! I didn't remember all of the great things that happened. Hopefully 2017 will be just as good to our family, and a lot better for the rest of the world. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts