"Sexy" Halloween Costume?

I had this idea for a costume this year. A home-made one, because I like homemade costumes. I'm pretty sure it came to me in Home Depot while picking out 358834 red colors for our kitchen.

Ever heard of this popular book, 50 Shades of Grey? I haven't read it, but I hear it's pretty provocative. What better theme for a ladies Halloween costume, right?

I started with this: a plain gray dress and a variety of gray paint chips:

I then cut the paint chips into smaller pieces, and started hot gluing them together:

I safety-pinned the strips to the dress--exactly 50 pieces of gray. And I'll admit, the final product in my head when I first had the idea looked more like this, but with gray pieces:
But, as is usually the case, my imagination is bigger than my actual skills. So, instead, I ended up with this interpretation of 50 Shades of Grey:


This makes me laugh SO HARD! But for a totally FREE costume, I still think it's pretty cool. And I can wear something with a "suggestive" theme and still be totally covered up and not slut-tastic.

What do you think? Are you making a costume this year?


Comments

  1. I finally got around to reading this and I'm so glad you didn't spoil it this weekend. I literally snorted and laughed out loud while my mother in law was standing in the room with me on her phone. Couldn't be helped. Thanks for the giggle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome. I would have numbered them so everyone would know there were 50 shades of gray on me. People can be dumb and not quite get it. Very clever! And I am totally with you on what you think it will look like and what it never turns out looking like.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts